Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ode to the TAKS test, by Halle

Halle wrote this poem in school last year. She was given an inspiration poem and used it to create her own lovely ode.

TAKS Test! Oh, TAKS Test!
I hate you! You stink!
I wish I could make you
disappear in a wink!
If only I could
explode you to bits,
Or maybe even rub you
in my arm pits.

I'd rather eat dinner
with a human-eating shark,
or start boxing a cheetah
alone in the dark!
Eat broccoli and spinach
and maybe cry
because of the TAKS Test
my teacher assigns!

TAKS Test! Oh, TAKS Test!
You're last on my list.
Why, I wonder,
do you even exist?
If only you disappeared
away in a wink
TAKS Test! Oh, TAKS Test!
I hate you! You stink!

2 comments:

Jennie Quillen said...

Oh my goodness! I love the poem!!

Chris said...

Ohmigosh! Just like her mother!